Autodesk is committed to using the power of design to make a positive impact on the world we live in. This year, the Autodesk Foundation is bringing 75 designers and engineers from nonprofits, clean tech startups and social enterprises around the world to take part in the 1st-ever AU Las Vegas Impact Leadership Summit, an invitation-only event that will be held throughout the week of AU.
We’ve invited a few of these organizations to present in a special session called Inspiration to Impact: How Five Nonprofits Are Designing a Better Future. Will you join us?
The session will be held Wednesday, December 2, from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. and is a great chance to get inspired and then grab a drink with Autodesk Foundation nonprofit customers who are using Autodesk software to do incredible work. These organizations will each spend 5 minutes talking about how they’re designing a more sustainable future and how Autodesk customers can partner with them to deliver more impact. Then we’ll head to a nearby bar for a hosted happy hour (translation—free drinks) to learn more. Register now to be part of this feel good AU moment you won’t want to miss. Here’s a little more about each of the nonprofits who’ll be presenting:
· Proximity Designs makes affordable products and services that enrich the lives of rural families across Myanmar.
· Build Change designs disaster-resistant houses and schools in emerging nations and trains the local community to build them.
· Design that Matters works with social enterprises and volunteers to design products and services for the poor in developing countries.
· D-Rev designs and develops products to improve the health and income of people living on less than US$4 a day.
· tamassociati designs and builds healthcare facilities and schools, among other work, in low-resourced areas around the world.
· Enterprise Community Foundation creates opportunity for low- and moderate-income people through affordable housing across the U.S.