It’s almost time to start packing your bags—AU is right around the corner. We can’t wait to see you in Las Vegas! To help you get ready, here’s a checklist of things you should know before you hit the road:
- Download the free AU 2015 Vegas mobile app. The mobile app is like your own personal guide to AU. You can use it to view your schedule, see conference maps, and get breaking event news (keep those push notifications enabled, folks). Use your Autodesk account to sign in—the same info you used to register for AU 2015.
- Share your AU experience. Not everyone can make it to AU Las Vegas, but your colleagues can still experience the excitement of this year’s conference online as it happens. We’ll be live streaming 18 sessions, including the Opening and Closing General Sessions and the Innovation Forums. No registration is required, and viewing is free. Check out the live-stream schedule. Be sure to use #AU2015 when you post about the event on social media. We’ll also have social media monitors throughout the conference.
- Don’t be shy. AU is a great opportunity to meet others in your field—or in fields that interest you—and make professional connections from around the world. Even if you’re an introvert, remember we’re all here because we share a passion for designing, building, and creating. So go ahead, start a conversation with the person next to you in line for coffee. You might just make a valuable connection, and maybe even a friend.
- Share a ride from the airport. Look for the big “AU Share Rides” signs when you get there—you can’t miss them. Start networking before you even check in. Speaking of which…
- Check in early to avoid the crowds. Get it out of the way and make your first morning leisurely. You can check in on Sunday, November 29, from 4 to 8 p.m., or Monday, November 30, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. The registration area is located at the Venetian Hotel Congress Center in Venetian Ballroom E, Level 2.
- Join us for the General Sessions. Kick off your AU 2015 with the Opening General Session on Tuesday, December 1, from 10:30 a.m. to noon. Autodesk CEO Carl Bass and CTO Jeff Kowalski will share some exciting trends and technologies that are helping companies of all shapes and sizes expand the boundaries of what’s possible. Discover how you might use your skills to imagine, design, and create a better world at the Closing General Session, presented by Autodesk Sr. Vice President, Products, Amar Hanspal, on Thursday, December 3, from 5:00 to 5:30 p.m.
- Don’t skip meals…especially when they’re free and such great opportunities to network and mingle. Here’s a cheat sheet so you’ll know when and where food is being served:
- Experience the Exhibit Hall. Discover The Future of Making Things in the Exhibit Hall. Learn about new products and technologies that are changing the world, speak to exhibitors, get answers to burning questions, and be inspired. If you have an hour to spare, stop by Booth 1463 and volunteer to help build 3D-printed artificial limbs for children. View Exhibit Hall hours.
- Set up a meeting. Drop-in meeting space is available during the conference on a first-come, first-served basis—no reservation required. Meeting space is on Level 1, across from the Cassanova meeting rooms, in an open area. Hours are 7 a.m.-6 p.m. on Tuesday and Wednesday, and 7 a.m.-4:30 p.m. on Thursday. Tables and chairs are provided, but no A/V.