For AU 2014, we chose a visionary theme—The Future of Making Things—that spoke to what Autodesk products make possible. This year, we’re building on that foundation by tearing it down. Without further ado, we present the theme for AU 2015 (drumroll please…): The Future of Breaking Things.
As always, we’ll be bringing together top minds in design, engineering, and manufacturing to share best practices, demonstrate workflows, and explore industry trends. This year, however, those best practices will involve flamethrowers, innovative workflows for garbage compactors, and industry trends in sledgehammers.
“We’re not afraid to think outside of the box,” said AU thought leader, Jessie Wu. “We’re also not afraid to crush that box, jump up and down on it, and tear it to shreds. That’s how innovative we are.”
We’re looking for speakers and contributors to share their vision for the future of breaking things and lead hands-on classes that explore new ways to shatter, demolish, and destroy. So bring your creativity, your destructivity, and most importantly, protective eyewear. Some suggested classes might include:
- BIM and Wrecking Balls: A Powerful Combination.
- Sustainable Destruction: How to Break Stuff Without Hurting the Environment (or Bystanders)
- Breaking Bridges: The Future of Wrecking Infrastructure
- Cloud-Based Annihilation: Breaking Things from any Device, Anywhere
- April Fools’ Day: How to Crack a Joke and Not Get in Trouble with Your Boss
Join us. Because, if you know how, you can break anything.
April Fools! The actual theme for AU 2015 remains The Future of Making Things. Interested in submitting a proposal to speak? The Call for Proposals opens April 22.