Ring the bell. Sound the alarm. Let the trumpets ring. It. Is. On.
That’s right, the AU 2015 Call for Proposals is officially open, and we want to hear from you.
Each year Autodesk University brings together experts from around the world to look at where we’re headed and how we’re going to get there. Join us in December at the world’s largest conference of Autodesk users to connect, explore, and learn about The Future of Making Things.
This year is shaping up to be our biggest, baddest, Autodesk-est conference yet. We’re looking for speakers and contributors to lead classes and Innovation Forums that explore new ways to make things, and tips and tricks for using and collaborating with Autodesk software.
By speaking at AU, you will become a key part of the AU community and position yourself as a thought leader in your field. How are you exploring the future of making things? Teach a class to share case studies or project experiences, or demonstrate new workflows, insights, and ways to collaborate. Lead a panel or roundtable discussion, or provide hands-on training in 1 of our labs. Whatever your area of expertise, we have the perfect forum to showcase it.
Here are the forums you can choose from:
- Industry Talks—Share thought leadership, industry insights, case studies, project experiences, and more. Consider it your soapbox moment.
- Instructional Demos—New this year, for product-specific workflows, collaborative processes, tips & tricks, and other topics calling for detailed presentations of how you’re using Autodesk software to design, engineer, make, and more.
- Hands-on Labs—You know, for hands-on computer instruction.
- Panels—Facilitated discussions in front of that large studio audience.
- Roundtables—For intensive, small-group peer discussions and learning.
So what are we looking for? Check out last year’s classes to get an idea of what we like, and look for concepts you can build on. We get really excited about classes on trending topics, such as:
- Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- 3D printing
- Cloud services
- Reality computing
- Fabrication for AEC
- Advanced manufacturing techniques
We’re also looking for classes that focus on Autodesk software like Fusion 360, Revit, BIM 360, 3ds Max, Maya, AutoCAD products, and the range of other products that support industries from infrastructure to entertainment.
Some tips for preparing a winning proposal:
- Keep it relevant—We’re looking for experts with a rich and robust knowledge of Autodesk products. This applies to all fields of design and engineering.
- Keep it connected—If you can find a way to connect to a previous AU class, either by building on existing knowledge or connecting ideas by exploring related avenues of innovation or learning pathways, you’ve got our attention.
- Know your audience—And yourself. Choose the forum you will be most comfortable in and that will work best with your material to maximize your effectiveness.
Don’t wait—submissions close May 26. We can’t wait to hear from you.